Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Using code in Excel

Is it possible to write code in excel so that when I open a certain workbook,
it always opens to a specific sheet. I know if you save it on a specific
sheet, it will open there the next time, but I want to be able to save
anywhere in the workbook and have it open to "Sheet1" everytime.
--
Cheyenne
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Worksheets("Sheet1").Activate
End Sub

'This is workbook event code.

HTH

Bob

"Cheyenne" wrote in message
Is it possible to write code in excel so that when I open a certain
workbook,
it always opens to a specific sheet. I know if you save it on a specific
sheet, it will open there the next time, but I want to be able to save
anywhere in the workbook and have it open to "Sheet1" everytime.
--
Cheyenne

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Open the workbook in question and right click on the XL icon next to the word
File in the upper left corner of the sceen by the work file. Select View
Code. The VBE will open up. Paste the following...

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Sheets("Sheet1").Select

HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Cheyenne" wrote:

Is it possible to write code in excel so that when I open a certain workbook,
it always opens to a specific sheet. I know if you save it on a specific
sheet, it will open there the next time, but I want to be able to save
anywhere in the workbook and have it open to "Sheet1" everytime.
--
Cheyenne

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
On Error GoTo Errhandler
Const sheetName = "Sheet1" 'Replace "Sheet1" with the name of sheet1
Dim sh1 As Worksheet
Set sh1 = Worksheets(sheetName)
sh1.Activate
Exit Sub
Errhandler:
Select Case Err
Case 9:
MsgBox "Missing" & " " _
& "Worksheet Name: " & sheetName
Exit Sub
Case Else:
MsgBox "Error#:" & Err.Number & vbCrLf & Error$
Exit Sub
End Select
End Sub