-   -   Formatting (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/153900-formatting.html)

Big Bubba

Formatting

Hey everyone

Of a row of numbers I would like to pick the highest to lowest in order?
Or I would like to manually pick a cell, then exclude it from the rest of
the search?
--
Big Bubba

FiluDlidu

Formatting

I don't exactly see the whole picture of what you are trying to do, but I
would suggest a combination of the functions RANK and SMALL (or LARGE)

"Big Bubba" wrote:

Hey everyone

Of a row of numbers I would like to pick the highest to lowest in order?
Or I would like to manually pick a cell, then exclude it from the rest of
the search?
--
Big Bubba

FC

Formatting

Let's say your data is from A1 TO A20.
In A21 put this formula
=large(A1:A20,1)
for the larger number
In A22
=large(A1:A20,2)
for the second larger number
In A23
=small(A1:A20,2)
for the second smaller number, and
In A24
=small(A1:A20,1)
for the smallest number in the whole column.
Enjoy it.

"Big Bubba" wrote:

Hey everyone

Of a row of numbers I would like to pick the highest to lowest in order?
Or I would like to manually pick a cell, then exclude it from the rest of
the search?
--
Big Bubba

challa prabhu

Formatting

Hi,

To quicly sort the cell ina a column, click a cell in a clomn and do the
following:

Click the Sort Ascending or Sort descending icon in the Standard Toolbar.

Challa Prabhu