Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FC FC is offline

Default CF

I have columns with hundreds of dates.
I need a Conditional Formatting formula to text color all dates, let's say
in August.
I know how is done, just need the FORMULA, if somebody is so kind.
Appreciatte it. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=TEXT(A1,"mmmm")="August")

or

=MONTH(A1)=8

--
HTH

Bob

"FC" wrote in message
I have columns with hundreds of dates.
I need a Conditional Formatting formula to text color all dates, let's say
in August.
I know how is done, just need the FORMULA, if somebody is so kind.
Appreciatte it. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you want to check only months, try this,
=MONTH(cell reference)=8

Regards,
Shailesh Shah
http://in.geocities.com/shahshaileshs/
(Free addins Office Menu-2003 for Office-2007)
If You Can't Excel with Talent, Triumph with Effort.

"FC" wrote in message
I have columns with hundreds of dates.
I need a Conditional Formatting formula to text color all dates, let's say
in August.
I know how is done, just need the FORMULA, if somebody is so kind.
Appreciatte it. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FC FC is offline

Thanks for the formula. Bob Phillips you missed a parentesis in the first
formula, but I figured out. Thanks. Do you have one that will include the
month and the year too ?
Thank you also Shah Shailesh
"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=TEXT(A1,"mmmm")="August")

or

=MONTH(A1)=8

--
HTH

Bob

"FC" wrote in message
I have columns with hundreds of dates.
I need a Conditional Formatting formula to text color all dates, let's say
in August.
I know how is done, just need the FORMULA, if somebody is so kind.
Appreciatte it. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try...

=AND(TEXT(A1,"mmmm")="August",YEAR(A1)=2007)

or

=AND(MONTH(A1)=8,YEAR(A1)=2007)

Rick

"FC" wrote in message
Thanks for the formula. Bob Phillips you missed a parentesis in the first
formula, but I figured out. Thanks. Do you have one that will include the
month and the year too ?
Thank you also Shah Shailesh
"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=TEXT(A1,"mmmm")="August")

or

=MONTH(A1)=8

--
HTH

Bob

addy)

"FC" wrote in message
I have columns with hundreds of dates.
I need a Conditional Formatting formula to text color all dates, let's
say
in August.
I know how is done, just need the FORMULA, if somebody is so kind.
Appreciatte it. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this:

=TEXT(A1,"mm/yy")="08/07"

--

HTH,

RD

"FC" wrote in message
Thanks for the formula. Bob Phillips you missed a parentesis in the first
formula, but I figured out. Thanks. Do you have one that will include the
month and the year too ?
Thank you also Shah Shailesh
"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=TEXT(A1,"mmmm")="August")

or

=MONTH(A1)=8

--
HTH

Bob

addy)

"FC" wrote in message
I have columns with hundreds of dates.
I need a Conditional Formatting formula to text color all dates, let's
say
in August.
I know how is done, just need the FORMULA, if somebody is so kind.
Appreciatte it. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Actually, I added one at the end.

=TEXT(A1,"yyyymm")="200708"

or

=TEXT(A1,"yyyymmm")="2007Aug"

or variations on these

--
HTH

Bob

"FC" wrote in message
Thanks for the formula. Bob Phillips you missed a parentesis in the first
formula, but I figured out. Thanks. Do you have one that will include the
month and the year too ?
Thank you also Shah Shailesh
"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=TEXT(A1,"mmmm")="August")

or

=MONTH(A1)=8

--
HTH

Bob

addy)

"FC" wrote in message
I have columns with hundreds of dates.
I need a Conditional Formatting formula to text color all dates, let's
say
in August.
I know how is done, just need the FORMULA, if somebody is so kind.
Appreciatte it. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FC FC is offline

Thank you Shah Shailesh, RagDyeR, Rick Rothstein and Bob Phillips for your
helpfull answers. Someone once said :
" Giving gives more satisfaction than receiving "