Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Form button - 2007

hi community

how can i locate the command button (Form Tool) where I can assisgn macro
into it. (similar like 2003 version)...
i m using 2007 excel, seems like there is no Form Tool for me to get ?????
if is possible to get from 2007 version, how can i do it ?

thanks community for the help given :)
--
oldLearner57
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

how can i locate the command button (Form Tool) where I can assisgn macro
into it. (similar like 2003 version)...
i m using 2007 excel, seems like there is no Form Tool for me to get ?????
if is possible to get from 2007 version, how can i do it ?

You are going to love how XL2007 hid this one... NOT!!!

Click the Office button (the big round thing in the upper left corner) and
select Popular on the left hand panel. Next, make sure there is a check mark
in the "Show Developer tab in the Ribbon" item and then click OK. This will
add a Developer tab to the Ribbon. Select it and click the Insert icon in
the Controls section. Your Form and ActiveX controls are both located there.

Rick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote in
message ...
how can i locate the command button (Form Tool) where I can assisgn macro
into it. (similar like 2003 version)...
i m using 2007 excel, seems like there is no Form Tool for me to get
?????
if is possible to get from 2007 version, how can i do it ?

You are going to love how XL2007 hid this one... NOT!!!

Click the Office button (the big round thing in the upper left corner) and
select Popular on the left hand panel. Next, make sure there is a check
mark in the "Show Developer tab in the Ribbon" item and then click OK.
This will add a Developer tab to the Ribbon. Select it and click the
Insert icon in the Controls section. Your Form and ActiveX controls are
both located there.

Rick

Yes but don't forget that 2007 is specifically designed to work as a user
works, billions of bytes of feedback cannot be wrong!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

thanks Rick Rothstein, got it :)

[ dont understand why Microsoft place it at "Developer", normal users would
want to use it just to create a simple form format (just like 2003 version),
now it seems quite confusing using 2007 :( ]

thanks community as well :)
--
oldLearner57

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote:

how can i locate the command button (Form Tool) where I can assisgn macro
into it. (similar like 2003 version)...
i m using 2007 excel, seems like there is no Form Tool for me to get ?????
if is possible to get from 2007 version, how can i do it ?

You are going to love how XL2007 hid this one... NOT!!!

Click the Office button (the big round thing in the upper left corner) and
select Popular on the left hand panel. Next, make sure there is a check mark
in the "Show Developer tab in the Ribbon" item and then click OK. This will
add a Developer tab to the Ribbon. Select it and click the Insert icon in
the Controls section. Your Form and ActiveX controls are both located there.

Rick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

[ dont understand why Microsoft place it at "Developer",

I thought it was unnecessarily off-putting too and during the beta test I
suggested they name it "Macros" or something like that. Can you believe
they ignored me?<g

--
Jim