Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
al al is offline

Default 3 cells into 1 date?

I have inherited a spreadsheet that contains columns of numbers to represent
a day (dd), columns with numbers for month (mm) and another with the year
(yyyy)

How can I combine the 3 cells in a row to produce a date cell (dd/mm/yyyy)?

e.g.
A7 = 7
A8 = 5
A9 = 2001
but I need 07/05/2001
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In a 4th cell put

=DATE(A9,A8,A7)

Don't know if I got the order right for A7 and A8

it should be

-DATE(year,month,day)

Peo Sjoblom

"Al" wrote in message
I have inherited a spreadsheet that contains columns of numbers to
represent
a day (dd), columns with numbers for month (mm) and another with the year
(yyyy)

How can I combine the 3 cells in a row to produce a date cell
(dd/mm/yyyy)?

e.g.
A7 = 7
A8 = 5
A9 = 2001
but I need 07/05/2001

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Al,

Are you looing for a macro to automate this for you or simply the formula to
do it on the worksheet?

On the worksheet you could format a column to a date "dd/mm/yyyy" and then
use the following formula:-

=VALUE(A7&"/"&A8&"/"&A9)

Regards,

OssieMac