Calgary Excel user

Default Excel name boxes

How do I change or delete a name in an Excel name box?
(A name box is the white rectangle in the upper left corner of an Excel page
that shows the cell address, e.g. Q143. You can change the 'name' of the
cell from the cell address to a description, e.g. Sales-Other and click it
from a drop down menu at the name box instead of scrolling to it.)
Dave O

You're referring to a named range. On the main menu, click Insert
Name Define. The full population of named ranges will show in the

drop down: you can edit, delete, expand etc from that list.

Debra Dalgleish

To change or delete a name:

Choose InsertNameDefine
Select the name in the list
To delete the name, click the Delete button
To modify the Name, change the information in "Refers to" box
Click OK

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Gord Dibben

InsertNameDefine

Give your selected range a name like myrange then hit "Add" and OK.

This name will be selectable from the Name Box.

You can also delete names by using the same steps only "delete" instead of
"Add".

Gord Dibben Excel MVP