alainr

Default Cross-bar Highlight

Is there a way to have Excel highlight the row and column in a "Cross-bar"
fashion, that is dependent on the current selected cell?

This would be very useful when one needs to read data in a few cells near a
selected cell barried in the middle of a dense dataset. Especially, when you
are taking your eyes on and off the screen and have to move the selected cell
at every step. For example, when I move the selection onto cell "G19", the
entire row 19 and column G would be highlighted such you get a big
highlighting cross "+" that extends to ±infinity in the respective row and
column of the selection, such that data a few cells above or below or a few
cell besides the selected cell position can easily be read.

Perhaps anyone has seen a utility or function that allows this? If anyone
has an idea how this could be implemented in VBA, let me know.
Gord Dibben

alain

Download Chip Pearson's free Rowliner Add-in.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/RowLiner.htm

Gord Dibben Excel MVP