Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Help with macro PLEASE

Im trying to create a macro that will do what I do manually in excel.
I cant get how to do this!

Any help certainly appreciated

Heres what I do manually but I want a macro that would do this:
1) Data= Import External Data -- Import Data
2) LookIn: Desktop
3) Filename: Test.txt

Within the new dialog window.....(Test Import Wizard)
4) Choose Delimeted
5) Start import at row: 19
6) Finish

Within the new dialog window....(Import Data)
7) Existing Worksheet= $E$14
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this:

Tool - Macro - Record Macro

Do what you want

Tools -Macro - Stop Recording.

If you need help cleaning it up, bring it here and we can assist.

HTH,
Barb Reinhardt
"M&M" wrote:

Im trying to create a macro that will do what I do manually in excel.
I cant get how to do this!

Any help certainly appreciated

Heres what I do manually but I want a macro that would do this:
1) Data= Import External Data -- Import Data
2) LookIn: Desktop
3) Filename: Test.txt

Within the new dialog window.....(Test Import Wizard)
4) Choose Delimeted
5) Start import at row: 19
6) Finish

Within the new dialog window....(Import Data)
7) Existing Worksheet= $E$14

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hey Barb I got it to work. Wow it amazes me how many features Ive been
missing out on. I spent hrs. yesterday trying to figure this out. But I guess
this is the process of learning.

Thank you.
Deeply appreciate it

"M&M" wrote:

Im trying to create a macro that will do what I do manually in excel.
I cant get how to do this!

Any help certainly appreciated

Heres what I do manually but I want a macro that would do this:
1) Data= Import External Data -- Import Data
2) LookIn: Desktop
3) Filename: Test.txt

Within the new dialog window.....(Test Import Wizard)
4) Choose Delimeted
5) Start import at row: 19
6) Finish

Within the new dialog window....(Import Data)
7) Existing Worksheet= $E$14

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Further to Barb's advice on the macro recorder, Tushar Mehta's section on
"beyond the macro recorder" has some good pointers on cleaning up the code that
was created by the recorder.

http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/vb...rder/index.htm

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP