Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Ignore UPPERCASE

I have set Spelling Checker to ignore UPPERCASE, but it continuously changes
ACN to CAN. I don't want to permamnently add ACN (or acn) to the dictionary.
Is it possible that my spelling checker has been corrupted?

The problem is on two different machines, both running Office Pro 2003 SP
under Windows XP Pro SP2.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The is an AutoCorrect feature
Use Tools | Autocorrect , locate the entry and delete it
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Kingstonsean" wrote in message
I have set Spelling Checker to ignore UPPERCASE, but it continuously
changes
ACN to CAN. I don't want to permamnently add ACN (or acn) to the
dictionary.
Is it possible that my spelling checker has been corrupted?

The problem is on two different machines, both running Office Pro 2003 SP
under Windows XP Pro SP2.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You mean autocorrect, you can delete this particular entry, go to
toolsautocorrect options, type in acn and delete that line. Note that it is
Office centric so other programs will be affected. You can turn it off there
as well by deselecting "replace text as you type"

Peo Sjoblom

"Kingstonsean" wrote in message
I have set Spelling Checker to ignore UPPERCASE, but it continuously
changes
ACN to CAN. I don't want to permamnently add ACN (or acn) to the
dictionary.
Is it possible that my spelling checker has been corrupted?

The problem is on two different machines, both running Office Pro 2003 SP
under Windows XP Pro SP2.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Bernard, but the only entry I can find is for acn (lower case), and I
don't want it to delete that. I just want it to ignore UPPERCASE. Anyway,
I've removed the check mark next to "Replace text as you type" and that seems
to have turned it off.