Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Converting time

I am going from before midnight to well after midnight and need to have excel
calculate this time. It is giving me a negative answer sometimes and other
times is gives me ######. I want to know if you can convert this so it just
calculates that time or will i need to figure that out with out excels help.
Its a lot of data so i prefer not to do this.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It would have helped to see your formula
Assume:
A1 has start time
B1 has end time (and this could be the next day)
Use =(B1-A1)+(B1<A1)

The last term adds 1 day (i.e. 24 hours) if the second time is next day
Format the cell with hh:mm
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme