Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Duplicate cells

I have an excel spreadsheet that I want to make sure that I do not have
duplicate invoice numbers. Can I accomplish that and how?
--
Deborah Motte
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Add a help column, if the invoices are in A2:A500, then in the help column
in row 2 put

=COUNTIF($A$2:$A$500,A2)=1

then copy down the formula as long as needed (in my example to row 500)

will return TRUE for those that occur once and FALSE if they occur more than
once
if you prefer TRUE for multiple occurrences change the =1 at the end of the
formula to 1

Peo Sjoblom

"workingwoman" wrote in message
I have an excel spreadsheet that I want to make sure that I do not have
duplicate invoice numbers. Can I accomplish that and how?
--
Deborah Motte

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Assuming that the first row of the cloumn as header information.

Do the following:

1. On the taskbar, righ-click and select count.
2. Select the first row.
3. On the Data menu, point to Filter, and then click AutoFilter.
4. Click the arrow, and then select the invoice number.
5. Select the range. The taskbar displays the count of the invoice number.

Challa Prabhu