Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
hmm hmm is offline

Default Keyboard shortcut for name box

I know that pressing F2 will put you in the formula bar. However, is there a
keyboard shortcut for putting you in the name box (I have a large number of
cells to name). Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If the cells are contiguous: type names in column to left or row above
(insert column/row if needs be)
Use Insert|Name|Create
Now delete the row/column of names
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"hmm" wrote in message
I know that pressing F2 will put you in the formula bar. However, is there
keyboard shortcut for putting you in the name box (I have a large number
of
cells to name). Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No, there is no such shortcut. You can get into insertnamedefine with Ctrl
+ F3 which is basically what the namebox does albeit in a simpler way,
otherwise you need to roll your own using an OnKey macro

Peo Sjoblom

"hmm" wrote in message
I know that pressing F2 will put you in the formula bar. However, is there
keyboard shortcut for putting you in the name box (I have a large number
of
cells to name). Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No.

You can highlight a range, and directly type a name in the Name box. If you
have more than one named definition, then you can click the arrow in the
Named Box and select the named definition.

This will save your time by following this path: Insert-Name-Define-Add-OK

Challa Prabhu