Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
yu yu is offline

Default =+

What does "=+celladress" mean & do ?
--
yu
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tim Tim is offline

Turns any number to positive

Tim

"yu" wrote:

What does "=+celladress" mean & do ?
--
yu

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

it is a throwback to Lotus and is redundant.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"yu" wrote in message
What does "=+celladress" mean & do ?
--
yu

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=A1
(the + isn't required)

retrieves the value from A1 in that same worksheet.

If A1 is empty, excel will return a 0.

=if(a1="","",a1)
is one way to make the receiving cell look blank if A1 is empty)

yu wrote:

What does "=+celladress" mean & do ?
--
yu

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

M1: -3
N1: =+M1

N1 contains -3, not +3 as you suggest

--
---
HTH

Bob

"yu" wrote:

What does "=+celladress" mean & do ?
--
yu

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
yu yu is offline

Default summary for =+

summary:

if source is text or numeric, show the value as is
if source is blank, show ZERO
if source is error, show error

Thanks to all for your time.
--
yu

yu wrote:

What does "=+celladress" mean & do ?
--
yu

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thu, 9 Aug 2007 05:06:03 -0700 from Tim
:

"yu" wrote:
What does "=+celladress" mean & do ?

Turns any number to positive

No, it does not.

=+celladdress is *precisely* the same as =celladdress.

=abs(celladdress) turns a negative or positive number to positive.

--
"The Internet is famously powered by the twin engines of
bitterness and contempt." -- Nathan Rabin, /The Onion/