Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default IF

How do I make a cell's value contingent upon what is in two other
cells. For example A4 is equal to b3 or e4 depending on their value.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=if(or(a4=b3,a4=e4),result1, result2)

Change result1 & result2 to your needs

"Nicola H." wrote:

How do I make a cell's value contingent upon what is in two other
cells. For example A4 is equal to b3 or e4 depending on their value.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How do I show the result anything greater then 0

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You're going to need to explain your question more clearly.
--
David Biddulph

"Nicola H." wrote in message
ups.com...
How do I show the result anything greater then 0

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry I am self taught and don't know all the lingo :)

I am trying to make cell A4 equal to either B3 or E4. The determining
factor is A4 will be equal to which ever one is greater then 0.

For my work sheet data should not be in both B3 and E4 at the same
time. So if B3 is being used then I want A4 to equal B3. I also want
the same to be true that if it E4 being used then A4 is equal to E4.
I was going to just put A4=B3+E4 but I am afraid that when the
worksheet is being used by the staff someone will enter data in both
places miss it and the grand total will be wrong.

I hope this helps explain what I am trying to do.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One option would be =IF(COUNT(B3,E4)=2,"Input error",B3+E4)
--
David Biddulph

oups.com...