Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sam Sam is offline

Default Pivot table--and adjacent columns

I have a pivot table with 2 columns--column A has a description, and column B
has a dollar value.
Next to these columns, I'd like to have additional data available that is
not necessarily coming from the pivot table. I'd like to have a "total
committed" column (which will be manually entered) and a "total" TOTAL
column, which will sum the pivot table dollar value and the total committed
column. However, the problem is this--how can I keep my manually entered
data (in the "total committed" column) "moving along" with the pivot table
data it is associated with if I get new line items when I refresh the pivot
table with new data? Do I have to put the "total committed" column in the
data that pulls the pivot table somehow?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you have a formula for "total committed", based on any of the
fields in the pivot cache, you can insert a calculated field.
Otherwise, it's best to add this total to the source data, if
possible. If you're using an external data source, you may be able to
use a formula in your SQL to generate the additional column. If the
data is pulling into a worksheet in the same workbook, I'd insert the
calculated column there.