-   -   How can I display negative numbers as zeros? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/153422-how-can-i-display-negative-numbers-zeros.html)

mvance4

How can I display negative numbers as zeros?

I cannot figure out how to display a negative number as zero. Is there an
easy way to do this?

Gary''s Student

How can I display negative numbers as zeros?

Custom format:

0;"0"

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200736

"mvance4" wrote:

I cannot figure out how to display a negative number as zero. Is there an
easy way to do this?

Dave Peterson

How can I display negative numbers as zeros?

Use a custom format of: General;\0;0;@

Positive numbers;negative numbers;zeros;text

The display will be 0, but the value will still be negative.

mvance4 wrote:

I cannot figure out how to display a negative number as zero. Is there an
easy way to do this?

--

Dave Peterson

bj

How can I display negative numbers as zeros?

if you want it to calculate as zero
=max(A1,0)
otherwise the format methods are best