Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Cvt number to character

Hiow can I convert a column of numbers from numeric to character and pad with
2 zeros

e.g. I want the number 1 to appear as character 001
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select cells
Use Format | Cells; open Custom tab
Enter 000
If you wish you could then format | align | left
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"GKW in GA" wrote in message
Hiow can I convert a column of numbers from numeric to character and pad
with
2 zeros

e.g. I want the number 1 to appear as character 001

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bj bj is offline

=text(A1,"000")

"GKW in GA" wrote:

Hiow can I convert a column of numbers from numeric to character and pad with
2 zeros

e.g. I want the number 1 to appear as character 001

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Place in a helper column:

=TEXT(A1,"000")

Copy/paste special - values in the Helper column