Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default What-If Analysis w Data Table and Input on Different Sheet

Hi,
I've created a what-if analysis with a data table in Excel 2007. For the
Column Reference Cell, I'd like to use a cell on another sheet of the same
workbook, but Excel gives me an "Input cell reference invalid" error. Is this
a limitation of Excel? Does anyone have a workaround?
Thx
Ben

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

From my experience with Data Table in xl97 & xl2003 (my ver), yes. I don't
have/know about xl2007, but from what you describe, it's still a limitation.
I'd just live with it. Get the Data Table up working by having things on
the same sheet. Then just mirror it (ie the data table or parts thereof, the
inputs etc) somewhere else on other sheet/s via simple link formulas.
--
Max
Singapore