Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Creating Macros to connect 2 different excel sheet

Hi,
I am doing this first time.
I have 2 excels. I have to get one sheet from one xls, another sheet
from another xls. Map them. Come with the results on new sheet. It
is like writing a query for 2 tables and creating a record based on
result.
I am trying to search for any tutorial that will help me.
If you could help me with small code snippet which does this or any
location, that will help me to sort out my issue that will be gr8.
Thank you
Trupti

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sub copysheets()

' Macro recorded 8/8/2007

' copies into currentt worksheet from book1.xls sheet1
With Workbooks("book1.xls").Worksheets("sheet1")
Range("A4").Value = .Range("B7").Value
End With

End Sub

"Trups" wrote:

Hi,
I am doing this first time.
I have 2 excels. I have to get one sheet from one xls, another sheet
from another xls. Map them. Come with the results on new sheet. It
is like writing a query for 2 tables and creating a record based on
result.
I am trying to search for any tutorial that will help me.
If you could help me with small code snippet which does this or any
location, that will help me to sort out my issue that will be gr8.
Thank you
Trupti

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Trups" wrote:
Hi,
I am doing this first time.
I have 2 excels. I have to get one sheet from one xls, another sheet
from another xls. Map them. Come with the results on new sheet. It
is like writing a query for 2 tables and creating a record based on
result.
I am trying to search for any tutorial that will help me.
If you could help me with small code snippet which does this or any
location, that will help me to sort out my issue that will be gr8.
Thank you
Trupti- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Joel.
I basically want to interact with 2 different sheets in 2 different
excel file. Can you help me with this please?