Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Fee Fee is offline

Default VLOOKUP - Column number

Hi,

I'm trying to get my VLOOKUP function to work but am having difficulty.

This is my formula and it is returning the correct answer but I actually
want data from column 52 not 46. When I change the column number to anything
47 or above the function returns 0 when there is data in the relevant columns
(and it's not 0)
=VLOOKUP(BJ6,B5:BH14,46,TRUE)

Are there limits to th number of columns that can be referenced to in a
VLOOKUP function or am I missing something?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

your formula works fine, i assumed the formula was in col a, and it worked
without any problems wether using the True or false statment

could it be that not all the rows from 5 to 14 have data in the BA colum ,

"Fee" wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to get my VLOOKUP function to work but am having difficulty.

This is my formula and it is returning the correct answer but I actually
want data from column 52 not 46. When I change the column number to anything
47 or above the function returns 0 when there is data in the relevant columns
(and it's not 0)
=VLOOKUP(BJ6,B5:BH14,46,TRUE)

Are there limits to th number of columns that can be referenced to in a
VLOOKUP function or am I missing something?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Fee Fee is offline

I have the formula in col BK (I actually want it on a different worksheet in
my document but it is easier to troubleshoot where it is). It does work using
either the True or False statement.

I didn't know that not having data in col BA could have an effect so I put
in some test data. I'm still having the same problem though.

If the col ref no refers to any col below AU then the formula seems to work
perfectly. If I put in an col between AV & BH it returns '0' when it should be
'1710' <--- that's the number I'm trying to get into another area of my
spreadsheet (I'm trying to get it to lookup gross wages, tax etc relative to
a date entered)

Thanks