Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional format if not on list

I would like to apply a conditional format into a cell, so that when I type a
name into that cell, if it doesn't exist on a separate list of names, the
condition will apply. Is it possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes, possible.

As condition use a formula:
=ISERROR(MATCH(A1,listrange,0))

Above example assumes that you have a named range 'listrange' that holds
your separate list of names (of course you could also use something like
$B1$:$B$10) and that your cell containing the conditional format is A1. This
will format all cell entries in A1 that are NOT in the specified list.

Cheers,
Joerg Mochikun

"pkeegs" wrote in message
I would like to apply a conditional format into a cell, so that when I type
name into that cell, if it doesn't exist on a separate list of names, the
condition will apply. Is it possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes.
Select cell where u want apply conditional format and select Formula from
conditional format box and type below mentioned formula

=ISERROR(VLOOKUP(B1,$A$1:$A$100,1,0))

and set the format which format u want.

in this formula u need to change cell range
in that formula, Cell B1 is which cell u selected, and $A$1:$A$100 range is
list of names ( You can use Name list also).

Please do rate.

Regards