Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to use Excel to solve inequality formula?

Hi,

I need to know how to use Excel to solve the following formula.

x1+x2+x3+...+x10 = c. c is constant
while
0<x1<c
0<x2<c
0<x10<c

Does anyone how to use Excel to get one of the solutions
automatically?

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Pick an extremely tiny number for x1 thru x9 (just above zero).

set x10=c-x1-x2-x3-x4-x5-x6-x7-x8-x9
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200736

" wrote:

Hi,

I need to know how to use Excel to solve the following formula.

x1+x2+x3+...+x10 = c. c is constant
while
0<x1<c
0<x2<c
0<x10<c

Does anyone how to use Excel to get one of the solutions
automatically?

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

" wrote:
Hi,

I need to know how to use Excel to solve the following formula.

x1+x2+x3+...+x10 = c. c is constant
while
0<x1<c
0<x2<c
0<x10<c

Does anyone how to use Excel to get one of the solutions
automatically?

Thank you.

Thank you for your reply!

But I have simplified this problem. In fact, this total number of the
unknowns more than 10 and there are many sheets. It is better to do it
automatically.

Does anyone else know how?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

iherage -

Responders might be able to be more helpful if you describe your real
problem (instead of a simplified problem).

For example, if your problem was formulated as an optimization problem, you
would be limited to 200 variables (unknowns) if you used Excel's standard
Solver.

- Mike
http://www.DecisionToolworks.com
Decision Analysis Add-ins for Excel