Ed

Default Need list of the different versions of Excel

In the past my first version of Excel was Version 5, now I use Version 8
(Microsoft Excel97).
I would like to know the names (Version numbers) of all the Excels, starting
with the first one.
I am working on a project that I intend to offer for sale to the public.
Therefore, want to know which versions it will work on. Maybe it will on
some prior versions depending on what features are used.
Thankyou
Ed
Niek Otten

Hi Ed,

http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/index.htm

--

Kind Regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Ed" wrote in message
In the past my first version of Excel was Version 5, now I use Version 8
(Microsoft Excel97).
I would like to know the names (Version numbers) of all the Excels,
starting
with the first one.
I am working on a project that I intend to offer for sale to the public.
Therefore, want to know which versions it will work on. Maybe it will on
some prior versions depending on what features are used.
Thankyou
Ed

Jason Morin

See:

http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/index.htm

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

In the past my first version of Excel was Version 5,

now I use Version 8
(Microsoft Excel97).
I would like to know the names (Version numbers) of all

the Excels, starting
with the first one.
I am working on a project that I intend to offer for

sale to the public.
Therefore, want to know which versions it will work on.

Maybe it will on
some prior versions depending on what features are used.
Thankyou
Ed
.

Jeff

In addition to the version history at
http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/index.htm, you might find the following
links helpful - I think both are as of May 2004 ... be nice to find
something more current ... but may help get a perspective on how many
users are using each version.

http://www.fontstuff.com/comment/comment03.htm#survey2

HTH,

Jeff