Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Counting color filled cells? For an Idiot.

I need help. I have compiled a work sheet that contains master id
numbers for gage parts for a company. Every once and a while a part
will get rusted or scratched and this must be recorded. So I created
this worksheet that has the part size in the A column (consists of 900
different parts) and the serial of each gage of a particular part size
in the corresponding row.
So this has created a huge sheet of data. My boss takes a look at
the key that I used so that people know what all the colors mean.
Green means lost, Red means scratched, Pink means out of tolerance. He
told me that he would like to know how many parts that have been lost.
Each of these gages costs about $60 so he would like to see how much
money has been thrown away because of irresponsible workers.
The thing is that I have know idea how to enter a formula in and
I am not aware of any site that can explain this to me easily enough
for me to understand. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

-jojones88

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

see:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200735

" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Is there something a little more dumbed down so that I can understand.
I have very little excel experience.

Thank You

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In 2003 you can specify the Format color to look for under
EditFindOptionsFormatFormat.

You could try this alternate method which doesn't use VBA.

Select the color from the Patterns dialog and Find All.

In the found dialog box the first cell will be highlighted. Hold SHIFT key and
scroll down to bottom of dialog box and select last cell.

The selected cells can then be counted by right-click on Status Bar and "Count".

Then write it down for the boss.

Do for each color.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 11:33:35 -0700, wrote:

Is there something a little more dumbed down so that I can understand.
I have very little excel experience.

Thank You

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

THANK YOU!

You guys have been a huge help.
Thank you very very much!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In , Gord Dibben
<gorddibbATshawDOTca spake thusly:

You could try this alternate method which doesn't use VBA.

Select the color from the Patterns dialog and Find All.

In the found dialog box the first cell will be highlighted. Hold SHIFT key and
scroll down to bottom of dialog box and select last cell.

The selected cells can then be counted by right-click on Status Bar and "Count".

Heh. That is slick, Gord! I like that. Thanks for the idea.

=dman=