Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default split data

I have some data in a column that i need to split in 2 colums. eg..
column a
10 apples
5 peaches
7 books

have to make it like :
column a column b
10 apples
5 peaches
7 books

any way i can do tht?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

=LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1,1)-1)*1

=MID(A1,FIND(" ",A1,1)+1,99)

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"swati" wrote:

I have some data in a column that i need to split in 2 colums. eg..
column a
10 apples
5 peaches
7 books

have to make it like :
column a column b
10 apples
5 peaches
7 books

any way i can do tht?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Do the following:

1. Select the column where you have this text.
2. On the Data menu, click Text to Cloumn.
The Convert Text to Cloumns wizard dialog box is diaplyed.
3. In the Convert Text to Cloumns wizard step 1-3, click Fixed Width under
the "Choose the file type that describes you data", .
4. Click Next
5. In the Convert Text to Cloumns wizard step 2-3, adjust the scale int the
"Data prview" section and place the scale pointer between the number and the
Words.
6. Click Next.
7. In the Convert Text to Cloumns wizard step 3-3, displays how the data
would be seperated.
8. Click Finish. The data is is seperated in to two columns.

Challa Prabhu