Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Speedometer Charts

How do I do a Speedometer chart in Excel?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Jon Peltier has some information on making them at:
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Speedometer.html

How do I do a Speedometer chart in Excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hopefully, Jon won't mind that I used his instructions and partially
automated a speedometer chart. (I keep forgetting to ask him) It can be
downloaded from this free website:

http://www.savefile.com/files/904923

Is that something you can work with?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2003, WinXP

How do I do a Speedometer chart in Excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Keep in mind that charts of this type are attractive but ineffective at
conveying information. They show very little data in a large area, the data
must be interpreted by estimating an angle (which human perception is not as
good at as estimating length of a bar or position of a point), they show
only one point in time (or multiple points but not along a time series), and
they are very easily misinterpreted. An effective business dashboard chart
is not a bunch of data mocked up to resemble a 747 cockpit.

Your data would be clearer and more concise plotted as line or column
charts.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP