Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Form

I'm using Excel 2003. I have a column formatted as phone numbers. When I
enter a phone number in a cell, then press enter, it takes me to the next row
and the number is formatted correctly: (317)123-4567. However, when I enter
the information in a form, it is not formatted correctly, it looks like this:
3171234567. I tried highlighting the column and changing the format of the
cells, but that doesn't change the way the info appears. The only way I can
get it to show up correctly is by changing each individual cell. What am I
doing wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

In the cell the the format is phone number,
Format-Cells-Number-General-Phone Number.

When you enter the information in the Form it is
Format-Cells-Number-General.

Therefore, select the wroksheet, Crtl+A and change the format.

Challa Prabhu