Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default count if function using dates

I have a spreadsheet the has a column of dates. I want to use count if
statements to tell me how many of the cells have a date that is less than 7
days in the past, how many of the cells have a date 7 to 30 days in the past,
how many of the cells have a date 31 to 60 days in the past, how many of the
cells have a date 61 to 90 days in the past, and how many of the cells have a
date greater than 90 days in the past. Lets say D1:D100 is the range I would
like to check. I have 5 different cells that I would like to display the five
date ranges mentioned. Please help!!!!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

Use helper cells holding the date of today less 7, 31, 61, etc.

Then, to count, use:

=COUNTIF(rangeofdates,"<="&date1)-COUNTIF(rangeofdates,"<"&date2)

Here, date1 and date2 both refer to a helper cell you set up. Make sure
date2 is the larger of the 2, so marking the upper date of an interval.

--
Wigi
http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music

"Chris O''''Neill" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet the has a column of dates. I want to use count if
statements to tell me how many of the cells have a date that is less than 7
days in the past, how many of the cells have a date 7 to 30 days in the past,
how many of the cells have a date 31 to 60 days in the past, how many of the
cells have a date 61 to 90 days in the past, and how many of the cells have a
date greater than 90 days in the past. Lets say D1:D100 is the range I would
like to check. I have 5 different cells that I would like to display the five
date ranges mentioned. Please help!!!!!!

Count of Dates Zoltan Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 March 13th 07 12:41 AM
need to convert list of dates to count no. of dates by week neowok Excel Worksheet Functions 13 January 30th 06 03:54 PM
count dates rabol New Users to Excel 3 March 6th 05 06:25 PM
How do a count dates? Aviator Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 January 5th 05 04:17 PM
How do a count dates? Peo Sjoblom Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 December 27th 04 05:13 PM