Adam

Default Automation of Excel Data to Word (ref: Galimi answers)

I have had great help with Galimi for this process (as I am still learning
VBA). I do not quite understand this code:

Sub moveToWord()
Set x = CreateObject("Word.Application")
x.Documents.Add
x.Visible = True

For Each cl In Selection

z = z & cstr(cl.value)

Next
x.Selection.TypeText CStr(z)

End Sub

What does the Z represent? Also, I need to not select everything in the
worksheet, I just need to get portion of the data. So it is not every cell.
How do I pre-define a selection?/

Thanks
Bob Phillips

z is just a variable that the cell values are being concatenated into.

Sub moveToWord()
Set x = CreateObject("Word.Application")
x.Documents.Add
x.Visible = True

For Each cl In Range("A1:H10")

z = z & cstr(cl.value)

Next
x.Selection.TypeText CStr(z)

HTH

RP

"Adam" wrote in message
I have had great help with Galimi for this process (as I am still learning
VBA). I do not quite understand this code:

Sub moveToWord()
Set x = CreateObject("Word.Application")
x.Documents.Add
x.Visible = True

For Each cl In Selection

z = z & cstr(cl.value)

Next
x.Selection.TypeText CStr(z)

End Sub

What does the Z represent? Also, I need to not select everything in the
worksheet, I just need to get portion of the data. So it is not every

cell.
How do I pre-define a selection?/

Thanks

Adam

So if it's a sporactic amount of ranges then I just state:
("A1,B2,C10...etc") correct? Is there also a method not to take the reference
formula from it?There are a few cells that refer a calculation to another
sheet, and it takes information from those cells.

"Adam" wrote in message
I have had great help with Galimi for this process (as I am still learning
VBA). I do not quite understand this code:

Sub moveToWord()
Set x = CreateObject("Word.Application")
x.Documents.Add
x.Visible = True

For Each cl In Selection

z = z & cstr(cl.value)

Next
x.Selection.TypeText CStr(z)

End Sub

What does the Z represent? Also, I need to not select everything in the
worksheet, I just need to get portion of the data. So it is not every

cell.
How do I pre-define a selection?/

Thanks

Bob Phillips

Non-contiguous cells are stated as you show.

Don't really understand the second part. If it refers to another cell, you
would still use that first cell, would you not?

--

HTH

RP