Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default vlookup #na's even though there are matches

I'm in the current sheet, doing this formula on column AI. I want to lookup
values in column AH and find a match on the 98th percentile report column K
which is the 11th column?
=VLOOKUP(AH2,'[07-0714 Bay-Downstream Ports 98th Percentile.xls]Port
History'!$A:$K,11,FALSE)
Why doesn't it find any matches? Please help. I was extremely careful. I
even cleaned both columns in case there were any spaces. The cells have
groups of letters with a comma, ie. abcd, . There are many matches. It
should find matches on the other column with another set abcd,

I can't figure out why I get all #na's.

thanks,