Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Check whether another sheet refers to cell in current

Dear All,

Many thanks for reading.

If I had a workbook with 10 sheets, labelled SheetA to SheetJ and wanted to
delete SheetA, I may have formulae in the other sheets which refer to cells
in SheetA, so I shouldn't delete it.

Is there any way to quickly check whether any other sheets from B-J have
formula references to SheetA. Obviously this will give me comfort for when I
delete it.

Many thanks

Rajen
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In such case I am normally running a find (Ctrl-F), and I search for "SheetA!
" (without quotes) in the entire workbook. Make also sure that Formula is
selected in the third combo box.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes, you are right, I can do that.

Simple really,

Many thanks.

There is also a checkbox in the find dialouge to search the whole book.
Thanks

Rajen

"squenson via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

In such case I am normally running a find (Ctrl-F), and I search for "SheetA!
" (without quotes) in the entire workbook. Make also sure that Formula is
selected in the third combo box.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

One more of doing this is as follows:

1. Press CRTL key and click on each sheet tab to select. This forms a group
of selection.
2. On the Tools menu, click Option.
3. Click the View tab.
4. Under the Windows option section, select the Formulas check box.
5. Click OK to resutn to the Worksheet.
6. On the Edit menu, click Find. The Finde dialog box is displayed. Enter
the text in the Find What text box and click Find Next button. Then click the
Close button to return to the Worksheet.

Note: Right-click on the sheet tab and select Ungroup sheets.This will
ungroup the Sheet tab.

Challa Prabhu