Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default formulas changing when sorting

I have a simple spreadsheet, and would like to be able to sort on any
field... sounds simple - you'd think so, but when l do it two columns lose
the plot.

Both of these columns are referring to a static field, field A29 (todays
date) - however when l sort the spreadsheet - these columns lose the plot and
the formulas change in each row to A28 A27, A26 etc. I want all rows to keep
pointing to field A29 - what is going on? I have been using excel for years
and never ever seen this before.