Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Tracking the Trend of Occurrences

Below is my spreadsheet. It tracks the Service Availability of an Agency. My
question is this.. What function would I use to capture Service Agency
Availability - if I wanted to identify Y=Yes, P=Partial. Yes for full days,
Partial is for 1/2 days. Would it be Count? Match? Index? The Area is used
in another report using the # of days.

Agency Area Timeline type Days
X B 3-Jul Accept 1
X C 3-Jul Accept 1
X C 4-Jul Close 1
X B 4-Jul Accept 1
X C 5-Jul Ref by Ref 1
X B 5-Jul Ref by Ref 1
X B 10-Jul Ref by Ref 1
X C 10-Jul Ref by Ref 0.5
X B 11-Jul Close 1
X C 11-Jul Close 0.5

VON Accept Ref by Ref Close
3-Jul
4-Jul
5-Jul
10-Jul
11-Jul

thanks for any ideas you can share twith me
--
bmac
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not sure what you're asking.

For 3-Jul you have 2 full days. For 10-Jul you 1 full day and 1 half day.

???

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"bmac" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

thank you Biff for your time...

The July 10 Ref by Ref 1.5 timeline skews things because it's missing the
other .5 day that area C is available. If July 10 for Area C had a half day
THEN they would have had a July 10 half day for either Accepted or Closed.

The overall point of this is to track the trends and frequency of Weekend
service availability.
The end result is to identify the % of service availability in a Quarter
April-June The agency gives us a weekly service updates with AM/PM
availability.

VON Accept Ref by Ref Close
3-Jul Yes

Results: Yes service was accepted

10-Jul Partial Yes

Results: having a Partial 1/2 day as well as Closed 1/2 day

--
bmac

"bmac" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc