Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Problem starting Excel 2007

Sometimes, when I start Excel all that shows up is the status bar (ready...)
that's normally at the bottom of the window. It's now at the top of the
window in place of the title bar, so no control box, no menus, nothing. The
window is sizeable, but the only way to close it is via the task manager or
task bar.

Thanks,
Dave
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm having the exact same problem. And it's happening on my desktop and
laptop. The only way I can seem to get around this problem and have Excel
open normally is to double-click on the actual Excel file.

"DaveD" wrote:

Sometimes, when I start Excel all that shows up is the status bar (ready...)
that's normally at the bottom of the window. It's now at the top of the
window in place of the title bar, so no control box, no menus, nothing. The
window is sizeable, but the only way to close it is via the task manager or
task bar.

Thanks,
Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I would try removing any and all add-ins... Then put the add-ins back one at
a time to see if one of of the has caused this?
I removed an add-in that was causing not the same problem, but simular
difficulties with Excel.

--
William<"M"