Old August 1st 07, 02:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formula to convert time zones??

Hello - I wanted to convert time zones, for example from New York (EST) to
London (GMT) - is there a formula out there for me to use? I would like to
just time in a time and Excel will automatically convert. Using Excel 2003

Thanks.

Old August 1st 07, 02:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Well, it's just a matter of adding or subtracting so many hours, isn't
it? EST is 5 hours behind GMT, so if you enter GMT time in A1, put
this in B1:

=A1-5/24

to get EST in B1. Format both cells in time format.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Old August 1st 07, 03:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you've got New York time in A2 and the offset of New York from London in
B1 in hours (currently -5), then use
=A2-B$1/24

[Remember also that London is not currently on GMT, but on BST, which is
GMT+1.]
--
David Biddulph