Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2002: How to overcome inconsistancy in auto cell function ?

Dear Sir,

Lets consider the following worksheet:

1 Penang 1
2 Penang 1
3 Penang 1
4 Penang 2
5 Penang 2 <-- Auto cell entry not functioning
6 Penang 2 <-- Auto cell entry not functioning
7 Tokyo 12
8 Tokyo 12
9 Tokyo 12
10 Tokyo 16
11 Tokyo 16 <-- Auto cell entry not functioning
12 Tokyo 16 <-- Auto cell entry not functioning

I find that the Auto Cell Entry function very well from A2 to A3.

However after I key in Penang 2 at A4, and when I input P at A5, the
word Penang 2 does not come out automatically.

I face similar problem at Cell A11 and A12 after I change the entry to
Tokyo 16 at cell A10.

Logically the same words should appear in the folowing cell if there is no
alteration in the preceeding cell.

May I know how to overcome the inconsistency of this function?

Thanks

Low

--
A36B58K641