Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Multiple links

I have information coming from multiple links into one cell but would like
this information to be a list. As of now, the information is all over the
cell, not in any order. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Format the cell to Wrap Text and make it taller to begin with. It would
probably help to see the formula that is in the cell at this time.

If this is a simple concatenation of several other locations, like
= A5 & B99 & D4 & Z14
then if you'll write it as
= A5 & CHAR(10) & B99 & CHAR(10) & D4 & CHAR(10) & Z14
the & CHAR(10) portions will force a new line at each of them, and with word
wrap turned on, they will appear as a list.

If you're using the CONCATENATE() function then it would be like:
=CONCATENATE(A5,CHAR(10),B99,CHAR(10),D4,CHAR(10), Z14)

"jelm" wrote:

I have information coming from multiple links into one cell but would like
this information to be a list. As of now, the information is all over the
cell, not in any order. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you so much, I do have a list now. It looks as though it's pulling
blank cell space into the list which leaves not enough space for the data. I
am pulling info from the same cell on more than 30 worksheets within the same
workbook. Some of those cells are blank at times. Any suggestions?

"jelm" wrote:

I have information coming from multiple links into one cell but would like
this information to be a list. As of now, the information is all over the
cell, not in any order. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This is what the formula looks like:

=WORKSHEET1!M27 & CHAR(10) & WORKSHEET2!M27 & CHAR(10) & WORKSHEET3!M27 &
CHAR(10) & WORKSHEET4!M27 & CHAR(10)

The cell that is wrap text formatted thats suppose to contain all the data
in a list has more empty space than data. The empty space pushes the data of
sight.

"jelm" wrote:

I have information coming from multiple links into one cell but would like
this information to be a list. As of now, the information is all over the
cell, not in any order. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No easy solution comes to mind right away. With 30 worksheets you have too
many to deal with using IF() statements (unless you're using 2007).

My suggestion would involve a VBA (macro) solution. If you care to explore
that, let me know. Without deep thought, basically we'd bring the links into
individual cells somewhere (even on a hidden sheet), then figure out a way to
build a string based on their contents, ignoring blanks, to stuff into that
cell. By "figure a way to build" I mean figure out when. I'm thinking that
Worksheet_Activate would probably be a good place, then each time you select
that sheet, the code would run making sure the contents of that cell is
current.