Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default is this a "trend" application?

How can I solve this. I have two simple columns of data in excel.
(10 rows) These represent 10 data points. The left column is called
INDEX and the right column is called DATAPOINT.
For example, index 1 is .5, index 2 is .4, 3 is .37, 4 is .34, etc.
all the way to index 10 which has a value of .20 int he 2nd column.
1 .5
2 .4
3 .37
4 .34
10 .20
I now have another datapoint which is at index 20, say, a value of .1
So now I'm missing the datapoints between 11 and 19. I was hoping to
use the built in trend values you can gather just by highlighting my
string of values and dragging it down in excel, to reveal what excel
thinks is the trend in the values between 11 & 19. However, it does
not map properly to the 20th index.
Is there any way I can incorporate the value I have found for the 20th
index, somehow tie it to the other values I have for index 1-10, to
map out the proper datapoint trends between them, thereby achieving
reasonable values for index 11 to 19 ?