Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
joeu2004 joeu2004 is offline

Default is this a "trend" application?

On Aug 1, 10:15 am, wrote:
If I have two datapoints, what formula/method can I use to get the
approximate linear values between them given a certain range of
cells. For example, if I have "100" in cell A1 and 1000 in cell A10,
but cells A3 to A9 are empty, what dragging/mouse clicks/formulas can
I use to "autofill" the empty 8 cells in between them?

On way:

A2: =A1 + ($A$10-$A$1)/(row($A$10)-row($A$1))

Copy-and-paste or drag A2 down through A9.

Caveat: In your original posting, you have a column of indexes. The
formula above assumes that the corresponding indexes increase
linearly, e.g. 1, 2,..., 10 -- as they did in your original posting.