Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Copy and Paste

On one of my PCs, I can drage the number 177 to the cell below and it stays
177. On another PC, when I drag the 177 to the cell below it becomes 176.
What setting do I need to change in order to have the number stay 177?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

You just drag the cell, it copy or rather fills the same data on other cell.
However, if you press the CTRL key and ther drag the number gets incremented
when filling the cells below.

Verify that the the Automatic option is selected under the Calculation
section in the Calculation tab.

Challa Prabhu

"Millie" wrote:

On one of my PCs, I can drage the number 177 to the cell below and it stays
177. On another PC, when I drag the 177 to the cell below it becomes 176.
What setting do I need to change in order to have the number stay 177?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If I press CTRL and drag on one of my PCs, it copies the 177 as 177. However,
if I just drag it, it increases the number by one, and 177 becomes 178. It's
almost like something is reversed.

"Millie" wrote:

On one of my PCs, I can drage the number 177 to the cell below and it stays
177. On another PC, when I drag the 177 to the cell below it becomes 176.
What setting do I need to change in order to have the number stay 177?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

All the settings are the same on both computers. But on one, when I drag the
cell contents, it increased the number by one. 177 becomes 178. I know I can
press the CTRL key and drag. But I want it to copy 177 into the cell by
dragging it and have it be 177, not 178.