Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default two worksheets, combine (merge data)

I hope I explain this clearly...
In Excel 2003, I have a workbook with two worksheets. (2006 and 2007 data)
In worksheet one (2006): I have physican name and group and then total exams
ordered
The physican group is a subtotal field because I have several physicans that
are practicing in the same group so I need that subtotaled which it is. So,
I know Physican group "A" ordered 75 exams in 2006.
I have worksheet two (2007) with the same set-up. What I want to do is pull
the information from worksheet two so I can compare the year data in one
worksheet. I thought I did this last year but cannot remember how I did it.
Is there an easy way to achieve this?
Thanks for your time.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assuming the tables are structured the same, add a column to each
table, call it "Year"

Then copy and paste both tables into a new tab and run a pivot table
on the consolidated data. The "year" column you added to the original
two tables can then be used horizontally and the doctors' names
vertically.

Dave

On Jul 31, 3:46 pm, rrupp wrote:
I hope I explain this clearly...
In Excel 2003, I have a workbook with two worksheets. (2006 and 2007 data)
In worksheet one (2006): I have physican name and group and then total exams
ordered
The physican group is a subtotal field because I have several physicans that
are practicing in the same group so I need that subtotaled which it is. So,
I know Physican group "A" ordered 75 exams in 2006.
I have worksheet two (2007) with the same set-up. What I want to do is pull
the information from worksheet two so I can compare the year data in one
worksheet. I thought I did this last year but cannot remember how I did it.
Is there an easy way to achieve this?
Thanks for your time.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Merge scenarios from another worksheet

It is easier to merge scenarios (scenario: A named set of input values that
you can substitute in a worksheet model.) when all what-if (what-if analysis:
A process of changing the values in cells to see how those changes affect the
outcome of formulas on the worksheet. For example, varying the interest rate
that is used in an amortization table to determine the amount of the
payments.) models on the worksheets are identical. All changing cells on the
source worksheet must refer to the corresponding changing cells on the active
worksheet. Microsoft Excel copies all scenarios on the source sheet to the
active worksheet.

1. Open all of the workbooks that contain the scenarios you want to merge.
2. Switch to the worksheet where you want to merge the scenarios.
3. On the Tools menu, click Scenarios.
4. Click Merge.
5. In the Book box, click a workbook name.
6. In the Sheet box, click the name of a worksheet that contains the
scenarios you want to merge, and then click OK.
7. Repeat this process if you want to merge scenarios from more worksheets.

Challa Prabhu