Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default excel cannot find numbers using control/F search

I have columns of numbers that I need to a certain number. If I format the
numbers as General the search works, but I need the numbers formatted with
comma, and 2 decimal points. When I do this Excel does not find any of the
data. (This always worked before, don't know what is different now!).

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I recall seeing a macro lately that Line 1 or 2 formatted the data to General;
Did the actual work of find and reporting the Cells desire, then in the last
line
converted the data back to ,000.00.