Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default calculating percentage

Okay, so I figured out how to increase one number by a percentage but i want
to increase all the numbers in a column by 5%. I was told that there is a way
to change the whole column instead of increasing them one by one. Can
someone help me?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Put 1.05 in a cell somewhere and select the cell and copy it.

Select the numbers to multiplt and then

Edit|paste special - select multiply and Ok

Delete the cell wih 1.05 in

Mike

"Dabbles" wrote:

Okay, so I figured out how to increase one number by a percentage but i want
to increase all the numbers in a column by 5%. I was told that there is a way
to change the whole column instead of increasing them one by one. Can
someone help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

okay, thank you so much. okay i have another question. 'm dealing with money
here so how do i make it round up? Say the number is .41789, how do i make it
so it's .42 and i wanna do that with all the numbers.

"Dabbles" wrote:

Okay, so I figured out how to increase one number by a percentage but i want
to increase all the numbers in a column by 5%. I was told that there is a way
to change the whole column instead of increasing them one by one. Can
someone help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You'll need to use the Roundup function. Something like:

=roundup(a1,2)

Or, if you want to put both steps together:

=roundup(a1*1.05,2)

Fred