Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Highest value in list

I would like to get the highest value in my list based on 1-minute intervals.
I do not want to get the hightest value for the day because it may not be
the highest high at that point. There are 391 minutes in my stock data.

Thanks!

Time High Low Close High for Day
8:30:59 47.39 47.39 47.39 47.39
8:31:59 47.30 47.02 47.15 47.39
8:32:59 47.29 47.10 47.18 47.39
8:33:59 47.30 47.15 47.19 47.39
8:34:59 47.43 47.17 47.38 47.43 <----------New High
8:35:59 47.41 47.22 47.23 47.43
8:36:59 47.24 47.08 47.10 =MAX(J2:J8)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Going from your sample, your High for Day is in column E (though it
would appear to be in column J from your formula) and High is in
column B - adjust as required). Enter this in E2 and copy down:

=MAX(B$2:B2)

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jul 31, 4:08 pm, andy wrote:
I would like to get the highest value in my list based on 1-minute intervals.
I do not want to get the hightest value for the day because it may not be
the highest high at that point. There are 391 minutes in my stock data.

Thanks!

Time High Low Close High for Day
8:30:59 47.39 47.39 47.39 47.39
8:31:59 47.30 47.02 47.15 47.39
8:32:59 47.29 47.10 47.18 47.39
8:33:59 47.30 47.15 47.19 47.39
8:34:59 47.43 47.17 47.38 47.43 <----------New High
8:35:59 47.41 47.22 47.23 47.43
8:36:59 47.24 47.08 47.10 =MAX(J2:J8)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You're welcome - thanks for feeding back.

Pete

On Jul 31, 4:32 pm, andy wrote:
Perfect! Thanks Pete!

On Jul 31, 4:08 pm, andy wrote:
I would like to get the highest value in my list based on 1-minute intervals.
I do not want to get the hightest value for the day because it may not be
the highest high at that point. There are 391 minutes in my stock data.

Thanks!

Time High Low Close High for Day
8:30:59 47.39 47.39 47.39 47.39
8:31:59 47.30 47.02 47.15 47.39
8:32:59 47.29 47.10 47.18 47.39
8:33:59 47.30 47.15 47.19 47.39
8:34:59 47.43 47.17 47.38 47.43 <----------New High
8:35:59 47.41 47.22 47.23 47.43
8:36:59 47.24 47.08 47.10 =MAX(J2:J8)- Hide quoted text -