Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how do i add shadow effects to cells in excel?

Anyone know how to add a shadow around a group of cells in excel. I can add a
shadow and 3d effects to a shape or object, but not to the border of a group
of cells. This was possible to do in office 2003.
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: how do i add shadow effects to cells in excel?

Adding Shadow Effects to Cells in Excel

1.
  1. Select the cells that you want to add a shadow effect to.
2. Right-click on the selected cells and choose "Format Cells" from the context menu.
3. In the "Format Cells" dialog box, go to the "Fill" tab.
4. Click on the "Effects" button at the bottom of the dialog box.
5. Check the box next to "Shadow" to enable the shadow effect.
6. Adjust the settings for the shadow effect, such as the color, size, and direction.
7. Click "OK" to apply the shadow effect to the selected cells.

Note that the shadow effect will only be visible if the cells have a fill color or pattern applied to them. If the cells are empty or have a white fill color, the shadow effect will not be visible.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am sorry but in MS Office 2007, you will not get a separate option for
shadow.
However, there are few new options available which can make your task more
attractive.

Just select the cell or cells you want to apply the effect to.
Then from the Home menu (or say bar), click on Cell Styles.. from the
dropdown which appears, select the style you want to apply.

You can also go by a different and more customized method.

Just select the cell(s).
Then "Right-Click" on the menu, and then click on "Format Cells".

I hope this will help you.

--
Ankit
http://emoneygrowth.org/

Hope my reply is understood by you! Your +++ rating is a credit to my help,
and will enhance my efforts. So, please do RATE me well !