Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Please help

I am new to Excel I want to make a drop down list. Like I want to box to
have a color but when I click on that box I would like the down arrow to
appear and be able to pick from a list that the arrow brings up.
--
jason
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Debra Dalgleish covers Data Validation at her website:

Does that help?
(Post back if you have more questions)

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2003, WinXP

"Jason" wrote:

I am new to Excel I want to make a drop down list. Like I want to box to
have a color but when I click on that box I would like the down arrow to
appear and be able to pick from a list that the arrow brings up.
--
jason

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I would like to have the cell named Colors. Once I click on that cell I
would then like the down arrow to appear and by clicking the arrow have a
list of colors to appear. Is the info you gave me what I need? i dont know
if Im reading it right.
--
jason

"Jason" wrote:

I am new to Excel I want to make a drop down list. Like I want to box to
have a color but when I click on that box I would like the down arrow to
appear and be able to pick from a list that the arrow brings up.
--
jason

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Everything you need should be available at that website.

Basically, it would work like this example:

A1: Red
A2: Orange
A3: Yellow

Select cell B1

From the Excel main menu:
<data<validation<settings tab
Allow: List
Source: A1:A3
Click [OK]

Now....when you click on cell B1, you'll get a dropdown list with the 3
colors.

Experiment with that example AND explore more of Debra's website.