Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Find specific date for day in week

Is it possible to find the date for a specific day of the week from a given
date?
For example:
If I have the date 30-07-07 in column A and would like to report the Friday
of the week in column B, the reuslt would be 03/08/07.

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Use this

=A1+(WEEKDAY(A1)6)*7-WEEKDAY(A1)+6

Assumes first day of the week is sunday so day 6 is Friday

Mike

"The Rook" wrote:

Is it possible to find the date for a specific day of the week from a given
date?
For example:
If I have the date 30-07-07 in column A and would like to report the Friday
of the week in column B, the reuslt would be 03/08/07.

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Is it possible to find the date for a specific day of the week from a
given
date?
For example:
If I have the date 30-07-07 in column A and would like to report the
Friday
of the week in column B, the reuslt would be 03/08/07.

Unless I'm missing something, this should work...

=A1+6-WEEKDAY(A1)

Rick