Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default some complicated if statements/formulas

Hi,

Im creating an excel sheet to track my accounts and I wonder if someone
could give me some advice on a couple of if statements I cant figure out?

1. I want a the first column in the sheet to look at the date in second
column and thendisplay which quarter the work was completed in, so the
statement would run something like this: if the date in the adjacent cell is
between January and march, display Q1.

2. I need to track keep a running track of profits. Subtracting current
expenditure from profit is easy, but I also have to factor in a weekly
national insurance payment. I want to tell excel to check the weekly rate,
then tell it to check the current date, and each week add that weeks payment
to total insurance payments to date. This total can then be subtracted from
the total profit along with other expenditure.

If anyone can help me with either formula Id be very grateful.

Thanks

Karl

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Jul 28, 3:52 pm, Karl wrote:
1. I want a the first column in the sheet to look at the date in second
column and thendisplay which quarter the work was completed in,
so the statement would run something like this: "if the date in the
adjacent cell is between January and march, display 'Q1'".

One way:

="Q" & int((month(A1)-1)/3)+1

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Karl" wrote in message

[...]

The following formula will deal with question 1-
=IF(MONTH(B1)<4,"Q1",IF(MONTH(B1)<7,"Q2",IF(MONTH( B1)<10,"Q3","Q4")))

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions