Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default help on spinbutton controllinng a text or ComboBox showing time

I need to have a TextBox (or ComboBox) on a user form that has an
associated SpinButteon be able to show a time range of 0 to 8:00 in 15
minute increments (step of .010417).

I'm thinking that a ComboBox setting the List source to an array and
using the SpinButton to move up or down the array would be the best/
simplest.

The data from the UserForm will eventually be copied into a cell that
will be included in a mathmatical function; so I need it (the data) to
not be string but the numerical value (0 - .333344). Visually it
needs to be formatted [h}:mm both in the dropdown and on the form.

More details can be provided either OnGroup or in email if needed/
wanted.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Adam,

I think a Spinner from the Forms toolbar should do
what you want.

Format A1 and A2 to [hh]:mm
Go to ViewToolbarsForms
Insert a spinner,
Right click on the spinner button and go to Format Control
Set the cell link to say F1
Set the increment to 1. OK out
Put this formula in A2 =A1+(0.25/24)*F1

Is that the sort of thing you are looking for?

HTH
Martin

wrote in message
ups.com...
I need to have a TextBox (or ComboBox) on a user form that has an
associated SpinButteon be able to show a time range of 0 to 8:00 in 15
minute increments (step of .010417).

I'm thinking that a ComboBox setting the List source to an array and
using the SpinButton to move up or down the array would be the best/
simplest.

The data from the UserForm will eventually be copied into a cell that
will be included in a mathmatical function; so I need it (the data) to
not be string but the numerical value (0 - .333344). Visually it
needs to be formatted [h}:mm both in the dropdown and on the form.

More details can be provided either OnGroup or in email if needed/
wanted.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Re-reading your post it looks like you want to
limit it to 0:00 and 8:00.

The spinner won't go below zero so that sets your
lower limit for you.
To set the upper limit adjust the formula to
=MIN(A1+(0.25/24)*F1,8/24)

HTH
Martin

"MartinW" wrote in message
Hi Adam,

I think a Spinner from the Forms toolbar should do
what you want.

Format A1 and A2 to [hh]:mm
Go to ViewToolbarsForms
Insert a spinner,
Right click on the spinner button and go to Format Control
Set the cell link to say F1
Set the increment to 1. OK out
Put this formula in A2 =A1+(0.25/24)*F1

Is that the sort of thing you are looking for?

HTH
Martin

wrote in message
ups.com...
I need to have a TextBox (or ComboBox) on a user form that has an
associated SpinButteon be able to show a time range of 0 to 8:00 in 15
minute increments (step of .010417).

I'm thinking that a ComboBox setting the List source to an array and
using the SpinButton to move up or down the array would be the best/
simplest.

The data from the UserForm will eventually be copied into a cell that
will be included in a mathmatical function; so I need it (the data) to
not be string but the numerical value (0 - .333344). Visually it
needs to be formatted [h}:mm both in the dropdown and on the form.

More details can be provided either OnGroup or in email if needed/
wanted.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It is to be used in an UserForm. I want to try to eliminate any cell
references.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Woops! Missed that bit too. Afraid I can't help
with User Forms.

Martin

wrote in message
ups.com...
It is to be used in an UserForm. I want to try to eliminate any cell