Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Converting Cell References

Is there a quick way to convert fixed cell references ($row$column) to
eliminate the $ without editing the formula and deleting the $ one keystroke
at a time? Sure would save me a lot of time.

Thanks
Bill Falzone

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In versions previous to 2007:
go to "tools/options/view" and tick formulas tick box. it now will
show the formula text instead of the value. you can now use serach and
replace to eliminate the $'s.

no idea of 2007 yet...

billbrandi wrote:
Is there a quick way to convert fixed cell references ($row$column) to
eliminate the $ without editing the formula and deleting the $ one keystroke
at a time? Sure would save me a lot of time.

Thanks
Bill Falzone

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can go to the Edit Menu and select Replace. In the "Find What:" box,
enter $. In the "Replace With:" box, leave it blank. With the cells
highlighted in your sheet where you would like to remove the absolute
references, click replace all. It will remove all of the $.

"billbrandi" wrote:

Is there a quick way to convert fixed cell references ($row$column) to
eliminate the $ without editing the formula and deleting the $ one keystroke
at a time? Sure would save me a lot of time.

Thanks
Bill Falzone

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ed ed is offline

"billbrandi" wrote:
Is there a quick way to convert fixed cell references ($row$column) to
eliminate the $ without editing the formula and deleting the $ one keystroke
at a time? Sure would save me a lot of time.

Thanks
Bill Falzone- Hide quoted text -

Use BriSwy's method .

ed

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CC CC is offline

Actually what I need to do is put an absolute reference in all the cells
within a concatenated formula. I haven't found a way to do, even using
Search and Replace without updating each cell reference and the formula s
concatenating up to 7 cells. Too many to do manually. PLEASE HELP!

"billbrandi" wrote:

Is there a quick way to convert fixed cell references ($row$column) to
eliminate the $ without editing the formula and deleting the $ one keystroke
at a time? Sure would save me a lot of time.

Thanks
Bill Falzone

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This Macro removed all the dollar signs for me:

Sub Trial()
For Each cell In Selection
cell.Formula = Application.Substitute(cell.Formula, "$", "")
Next cell

HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"billbrandi" wrote:

Is there a quick way to convert fixed cell references ($row$column) to
eliminate the $ without editing the formula and deleting the $ one
keystroke
at a time? Sure would save me a lot of time.

Thanks
Bill Falzone

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Here are a few macros for changing cell references.

Sounds like you need the last one for all rleative.

Sub Absolute()
Dim Cell As Range
For Each Cell In Selection
If Cell.HasFormula Then
Cell.Formula = Application.ConvertFormula _
(Cell.Formula, xlA1, xlA1, xlAbsolute)
End If
Next
End Sub

Sub AbsoluteRow()
Dim Cell As Range
For Each Cell In Selection
If Cell.HasFormula Then
Cell.Formula = Application.ConvertFormula _
(Cell.Formula, xlA1, xlA1, xlAbsRowRelColumn)
Next
End Sub

Sub AbsoluteCol()
Dim Cell As Range
For Each Cell In Selection
If Cell.HasFormula Then
Cell.Formula = Application.ConvertFormula _
(Cell.Formula, xlA1, xlA1, xlRelRowAbsColumn)
Next
End Sub

Sub Relative()
Dim Cell As Range
For Each Cell In Selection
If Cell.HasFormula Then
Cell.Formula = Application.ConvertFormula _
(Cell.Formula, xlA1, xlA1, xlRelative)
Next
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP